Dramatherapy is a creative arts therapy that uses the performance arts to promote psychological, emotional and social change. Dramatherapists offer a safe environment for an individual or group to explore, address and deal with personal and social difficulties, e.g. grief, anxiety and personal growth.
Dramatherapists use a variety of interventions with clients, including stories, puppetry, improvisation, drama and movement to allow clients to explore their past experiences and express themselves in a way that might be easier than directly talking about it. Movement and objects can be also moved expressively without words.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Encouraging and supporting clients in creative drama and theatre work, involving the expressive use of movement and objects, using techniques such as improvisation, storytelling, play, role-play, myth, ritual, script work, and devising and presenting performances.
* Encouraging self-awareness, exploration and reflection on feelings and relationships;
providing opportunities for clients to learn new skills.
* Initiating spontaneous exploration of personal issues.
* Enabling clients to experiment with new ways of thinking and behaving.
* Using appropriate equipment, materials and therapeutic 'props', such as puppets and other objects.
* organising a performance resulting from working with a group (although this is not essential).
* Undertaking assessment visits or appointments.
* Taking referrals from other professional staff.
* Maintaining records of clients and activities.
* Writing reports for your employer on activities undertaken and clients seen.
managing marketing and finances, when working on a self-employed basis.
* Attending regular supervision sessions.
Job Skills and Abilities
* An expressive, creative and spontaneous work style.
* The ability to adapt to different clients or group members, locations and situations.
* A good level of emotional strength and the ability to deal with challenging situations.
* A thorough knowledge of drama and theatre and good performance skills.
A commitment to clients' wellbeing and to continually improving professional practice.
* Excellent communication skills for dealing with a wide range of people, including clients, carers, multidisciplinary team colleagues, and other health and education workers and agencies.
* Time management and organisation skills, particularly if working for more than one employer.
* Administrative skills to maintain accurate records.
* Research skills in order to evaluate current research and apply it to practice.
* Report writing skills.
Interested applicants should have;
* A degree in psychology, drama, performing arts or a related subject such as social work, nursing or occupational therapy.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to betablizzglobals @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 09029379429
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted