1) Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
2) Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
3) Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
4) Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
5) Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
6) Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
picture of business person in suit
7) Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
8) Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
9) Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
10) Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
11) Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
12) Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
13) Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
14) Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
15) Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
16) Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
17) Check the quantity and quality of received products.
18) Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
19) Record production and operational data on specified forms.
20) Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within establishments such as clubs, hotels, or restaurant chains.
21) Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants in an establishment such as a restaurant chain, hospital, or hotel.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENT;
1) Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
2) Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
3) Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
4) Management of Material Resources -- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
5) Management of Personnel Resources -- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
6) Instructing -- Teaching others how to do something.
7) Mathematics -- Using mathematics to solve problems.
8) Active Learning -- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
9) Management of Financial Resources -- Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
10) Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
11) Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
12) Operations Analysis -- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
13) Equipment Selection -- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
14) Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Minimum requirement of SSCE with at least 2 years of professional experience as a chef.
The most important of this is to ensure that quality culinary dishes are served on schedule and to see that any problems that arise are rectified. the head chef also performs many administrative duties, including ordering supplies and reporting to the head of the hotel.
MODE OF APPLICATION.
Interested applicant should forward their CV or COVER LETTER to hr.macdanglobal @gmail.com or send names,qualification,mobile no and post applying to the message box or mobile no attached in this advert . Not abiding to the rules will lead to total disqualification. shortlisted applicant will be contacted