We need a Principal Engineering Consultant to participate as a team leader in the delivery of Strategy, Assessment, Transaction or Sourcing Management engagement services for engineering services across many different vertical industries (e.g. automotive, aerospace, telecommunications, consumer products, oil & gas, energy, etc.). He or she participates as part of an advisory team in the delivery of ISG Methodology and tools in support of client engineering services sourcing initiatives. The Principal Consultant assists and leads in the development of strategy and assessments, project plans, target operating models, vendor selections, financial modeling, contract creation, contract negotiations, governance activities specifically related to engineering services, product development, software product
engineering, Global Engineering Center optimization, convergence of manufacturing, engineering, business operations and information technology, and post selection implementation, transition of services, transformation programs, management and administrative actions.
The Principal Consultant is expected to be utilized in excess of 80% annually.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
• 10+ years recent experience with the delivery of engineering services or consulting engagements specific to engineering services across one or multiple of the following vertical industries: automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics, energy industries (e.g. oil & gas), semi-conductors, software product development, and telecommunications.
• Experience focused on operational improvement and transformation of engineering services including the outsourcing of engineering services.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience (3+ years) in operational management of engineering services and Service Providers that provide engineering services.
• Business development and sales experience including prospecting, lead qualification, proposal writing, sales calls and sales support.
• 7 years’ experience in the development and support of products designed and developed through engineering services.
• Knowledge of Tier 1 and Tier 2 engineering services service providers.
• Knowledge and experience of both onsite, near and off-shore service delivery models for engineering services.
• Experience with optimization and enhanced value delivery of engineering services solutions and service delivery.
• Thorough knowledge of engineering services sourcing contract terms and conditions.
• Practice development experience, including sales and marketing collateral development, IP development and solution development specific to engineering services.
• Engineering services delivery management experience, including managing teams at all project phases, successful client relationship management and multi-project oversight.
• Ability to do both strategic assessment and transactional consulting at senior levels. Understands full sourcing lifecycle for engineering services.
• Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including senior leaders.
• Bachelor of an Engineering discipline (e.g. chemical, civil, computing, electrical, industrial, mechanical, materials, petroleum, etc.)
• MBA/Master of Engineering/MS or other advanced degree(s) desirable
• 75% - 100% required
• Demonstrates working knowledge with MS-Office suite of software applications and tools, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, MS-Outlook.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides consultation services to clients and suppliers in areas of outsourcing, project management, financial modeling, executive relationships, leadership, negotiation, administration and marketing.
• Gains an understanding of client’s current situation and environment by gathering needed information and using appropriate frameworks and models in the development of assessment material for decision-making purposes.
• Responsible for project management of small to medium sized engagements or major sub-project. Leads the planning and the development to all project deliverables and assumes overall responsibility for staffing, budget, work plans, scope, project milestones, issues management and risk management utilizing ISG’s project management methods, tools and templates.
• Develops simple to medium complexity models utilizing ISG templates for comparative analysis of vendor proposals, client data and RFP proposals.
• Participates as a key contributor on engagements or as team member of large or mega-deal engagements in a given business functions.
• Participates as part of an advisory team in the delivery of ISG Methodology and tools in support of client sourcing initiatives.
• Assist and leads in the development of initial assessments, project plans, vendor research and selections, financial modeling, contract creation, contract negotiations and post selection administrative actions.
• Assists in recruiting activities by identifying and interviewing candidates as well as informal mentoring and coaching of current staff.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION:
Qualified Applicants should apply using any of the following procedures.
1. Comment your CV or Resume to the comment box.
2. Send your CV and Cover Letter to sunrisesolutions247 @gmail.com
3. Send your name, contact number, qualifications and post applying for to the message box or the ADMIN’S Phone number displayed in this advert (07058003008).
4. Upload your CV directly and click apply.
You are allowed to call the Admin Officer at the number given 9AM - 6PM MON – SAT ONLY.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted