Perform various tasks to arrange and direct funeral services, such as coordinating transportation of body to mortuary for embalming, interviewing family or other authorized person to arrange details, selecting pallbearers, procuring official for religious rites, and providing transportation for mourners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Inform survivors of benefits for which they may be eligible.
• Maintain financial records, order merchandise, and prepare accounts.
• Plan placement of caskets at funeral sites, and place and adjust lights, fixtures, and floral displays.
• Arrange for pallbearers, and inform pallbearers and honorary groups of their duties.
• Receive and usher people to their seats for services.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate funerals, burials, and cremations, arranging such details as the time and place of services.
• Obtain information needed to complete legal documents such as death certificates and burial permits.
• Oversee the preparation and care of the remains of people who have died.
• Contact cemeteries to schedule the opening and closing of graves.
• Manage funeral home operations, including hiring and supervising embalmers, funeral attendants, and other staff.
• Offer counsel and comfort to bereaved families and friends.
• Close caskets and lead funeral corteges to churches or burial sites.
• Arrange for clergy members to perform needed services.
• Provide or arrange transportation between sites for the remains, mourners, pallbearers, clergy, and flowers.
• Perform embalming duties as necessary.
• Direct preparations and shipment of bodies for out-of-state burial.
• Discuss and negotiate pre-arranged funerals with clients.
• Consult with families and/or friends of the deceased to arrange funeral details such as obituary notice wording, casket selection, and plans for services.
Job Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• A serious and dignified manner.
• The ability to deal sensitively with distressing situations.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent administration and organisational abilities.
• An acceptance of different religious beliefs.
Interested candidates should have;
• HND/B.Sc in any relevant field might be necessary
• Proven working experience about funeral service arranger and administrator.
Mode of Application
• Interested candidates should forward their CV details to hrm.glovixintegrated @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 08053009419
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted