Coordinates editorial, art, and production processes and workflow to produce a quality publication in required time frames, for an international audience. Plans the content and layout of the publication, approves page layout, and performs copy and editing. Will also have writing responsibilities: writes and edits print and renew contents. Implements publication standards and policies and ensures that the publication is factual and grammatically correct. Coordinates the efforts of freelance and other employees, manages quality control, and may coordinate the article acquisition process. Usually attends industry events and act as a representative of the publication within the industry. May involve international travel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Regularly confers with editor-in-chief to formulate publication strategies, plan production, develop budgets, and discuss topics for self-generated articles and other projects in an international print and digital publication.
Writes and edits print and renew contents.
· Organizes and oversees the editorial workflow, quality control, and shipping processes for assigned publications, supplements, and other special projects. Establishes and reinforces measurable goals, removes obstacles, evaluates and monitors progress, and makes adjustments as needed.
· Assumes responsibility for grammatical accuracy, clarity, completeness, appropriateness for intended audience, and conformity to established standard format guidelines of publication(s) and other projects. Acts as liaison between editorial, production, art, sales, and other support department staffs.
Is cognizant of reader and advertiser needs and works in partnership with sales staff to meet both sets of needs without compromising editorial integrity.
Assists with or manages article acquisition process by regularly corresponding with authors and others interested in contributing articles, clarifying publication policies, addressing issues of concern, and coordinating schedules as required.
Copy and edits manuscripts as needed; reviews prepared galleys of text and figures; writes editorials, articles, and miscellaneous copy as appropriate; participates in monthly quality checks prior to shipping; and oversees layout/design process.
· Develops, maintains, and utilizes knowledge of international industry and trends, competitive environment, and editorial vision. Demonstrates through evolution of editorial products as necessary.
Attends industry conferences, trade shows, and other events, representing the publication and the Company as required. Some travel may be to international conferences. Establishes and maintains positive professional relationships with authors, industry experts, and other internal and external contacts.
Participates in reader and industry research, keeping abreast and ahead of anticipated market needs and changes. Works with editor in chief to adjust strategy of publication(s) accordingly.
· Assists editor in chief in establishing and maintaining relationships with Editorial Advisory Board members according to the requirements and needs of the publication.
· Trains, coaches, and provides feedback to editorial staff members and acts in a management capacity.
B.sc in Journalism, English, Communications or other relevant field or commensurate experience.
· Three years of relevant journalism/writing experience.
· Industry and trade show experience preferred: in particular, familiarity with some or all of the following: GPS, geographic information systems, mapping, surveying, airborne photography and photogrammetry, and/or data collection and/or data processing associated with geodesy, geoinformation, and land management.
· Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, including the ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.
· Demonstrated competency in use of editing and proofreading skills to resolve stylistic, grammatical, and form of written material.
· Proficiency with desktop publishing word processing software and knowledgeable in effective use of graphic design.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently and with minimal direction.
· Web site content development and social media experience an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
1. To apply for the position, CV should be sent to hr.zizivalng @gmail.com
2. Send Other details such as phone number,work experience,age,location,name and position applying should be sent to the phone number attached to the advert or to the message box above