Sports coaches help people participating in sports to work towards achieving their full potential. They support professional sportspeople, sports teams, community teams or school groups, working with them closely to improve performance. They may have a role in encouraging underrepresented groups or young people to participate in sporting activities.
Sports coaches bring out ability by identifying needs and planning and implementing suitable training programmes. Whatever the context, coaching involves developing the participants' physical and psychological fitness and providing the best possible practical conditions in order to maximise their performance.
* Evaluating performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing constructive criticism with and motivation;
* Assessing strengths and weaknesses in a participant's performance and identifying areas for further development;
adapting to the needs and interests of group or individual participants;
* Communicating instructions and commands using clear, simple language;
* Demonstrating an activity by breaking the task down into a sequence;
* Encouraging participants to gain and develop skills, knowledge and techniques;
* Ensuring that participants train and perform to a high standard of health and safety at all times;
* Inspiring confidence and self-belief;
* Developing knowledge and understanding of fitness, injury, sports psychology, nutrition and sports science;
* Working with IT-based resources to monitor and measure performance;
* Acting as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the people you work with;
* Liaising with other partners in performance management, such as
* Producing personalised training programmes;
* Maintaining records of participant performance;
* Coordinating participants' attendance at meetings and other sports events;
* Planning and running programmes of activities for groups and individuals;
* Transporting participants to and from training sessions and sports events;
* Seeking and applying for sponsorship agreements;
* Finding appropriate competitions for participants;
• A successful candidate must at least possess ND diploma and experience in teaching. Experience in a particular sport, such as football or basketball.
• Leadership and teaching skills,
• Effective communication skills, organizational and multi-tasking skills,
• Ability to motivate a team of athletes.
• Must also be creative, observant, persistent, confident, focused and physically fit.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested Applicants should forward their Resume to HR via hr.danchezglobal @gmail.com OR send name, address, and qualification to the advert page message box OR phone number displayed on this advert. Please note that only short listed applicants will be notified