* The Communications and Reporting Officer will provide leadership in all aspects of knowledge management, communications, and learning.
* Report to the Deputy Program Manager and implement activities that ensure adherence to Mercy Corps
and DFID standards, including the use of standardized indicators and documentation methodologies.
* Lead information campaigns, media engagement and the development of all donor program
* Assist the Deputy Program Manager and the entire program team
in the daily smooth running of the program in the three Local Government Areas (LGAs) (Maiduguri, Biu, and
Damboa) in Borno State.
* Specifically, the Communications and Reporting Officer will compile and prepare reports for the program in line
with internal reporting requirements.
* Develop strategies for managing knowledge generated from implementation of the You-SB program under each
* Make recommendations to enable smooth management of information.
* Facilitate orientation sessions to acquaint staff on agreed strategies and on how to do proper documentation.
* Regularly review You-SB data collection and reporting procedure and provide technical assistance.
* Coordinate internal and external reviews of information collected and lead the analysis of findings, with a strong
emphasis on learning.
* Participate in the preparation of high-quality quarterly and annual reports.
* Lead advocacy campaigns to increase the ability of CSOs to lead assessments and engage with state actors,
community leaders, and at-risk groups to ensure sustainability.
* Work closely with religious leaders to support campaigns to sensitize communities in preparedness for
reintegration of former members of violent extremist groups.
* Actively participate in meetings and processes to promote effective program management for partners and staff.
* In close collaboration with MEL Manager and program teams, define customized learning and capacity
development plans according to You-SB staff and project needs.
* Problem-solve with others to address shortfalls in MEL and information management that affect program
* Participate in M&E-related working groups and maintain close working relationships with MEL counterparts in
other relevant international NGOs, local NGOs, and associations in Nigeria.
* Will work to strengthen civil society’s capacity to collect, analyze, and disseminate data to track and promote
public discourse on drivers of instability and potential threats to stability.
* Update and manage electronic and hardcopy filing system of reports, in close cooperation with program team.
* On a bi-weekly basis, compile activity reports and share them with the team. This includes standardizing format
and vocabulary. Ensure a high quality of reports in terms of format and English.
* Assist the Project Manager in written correspondence to officials, NGOs, and other organizations. Maintain a file
of all official correspondence.
* Visit all program sites at least twice a month. Stay up to date on activities in all communities and on any
problems and initiatives. Should have a strong, working knowledge of all program activities and beneficiaries.
* Monitor daily program activity to provide weekly overviews to the MEL Manager/PM on progress, challenges, and
* Take comprehensive minutes at meetings.
* Data-entry of program information, as assigned. Develop charts, statistical reports, and data-bases as required
by MEL/Program Manager.
* Track project development throughout the target locations.
* Coordinate training plans with partner staff, identify training needs, and develop, implement, and maintain a
* Develop donor reports and design a system that will ensure project documentation is consistent, accessible,
* Make recommendations on dissemination of information about the organization's best practices to internal and
* The successful candidate must be able to work independently and show initiative;
* Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English and Hausa is essential and knowledge of Kanuri strongly
* Ability to translate letters, reports and meetings as required;
* Proven ability to provide oral and written translation from Hausa to English and vice versa;